Tuesday, September 14, 2010

There's no denying it...

...I'm in love with Spanish. I mean, I guess, I always knew it...ever since I chose to study it in school, but I guess I didn't realize how deeply the love affair ran. :)

My friend came over today and asked me to teach her Spanish so she could converse with the local Panamanians when she goes on her mission trip in March. I was completely ecstatic! I had no idea that I loved Spanish so much...I'm so excited to teach her--I might teach the rest of her group, too.

She told me about the work they do there--run a week long medical mission with her Methodist church--and I just got so proud! I love it. I don't know that it'll work out, but, if at all possible, I plan to go with them in March.

Meanwhile, I'm going to devote myself to teaching these people Spanish so that their efforts are as productive as possible. I'm so excited...I wish there was a way for me to properly and accurately describe my level of excitement, but there's not, I suppose.

HA--I guess that means I'm done running from Fate. She's been pushing me to get my teaching credentials and teach Spanish at the high school level...I suppose this means she's won. As I learned in Stake Conference on Sunday, you can't be given knowledge or understanding without the accompanying responsibility to act on said knowledge. I suppose, now that I realize how much I love teaching this language, I'm obligated to act on it and teach. :)

3 comments:

navajotwin said...

I LOVE teaching Spanish!

I just don't know how to teach slowly. I get so excited and anxious that I just bounce to subjunctive and pluperfect stuff and all and just fry the student's brain.

Hopefully I'll figure it out. ;)

Rachel {La Familia Pearson} said...

Spanish is a good language to get excited about... :) You sound so happy! Hope everything keeps looking up. Good luck with fate! ;)

Anonymous said...

I get that feeling with Mandarin... oh Mandarin... how I miss you!