Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Boys of Fall


I feel that chill, smell that fresh cut grass
I'm back in my helmet, cleats and shoulder pads
Standing in the huddle listening to the call
Fans going crazy for the boys of fall
They didn't let just anybody in that club
Took every ounce of heart and sweat and blood
To get to wear those game day jerseys down the hall
Kings of the school man, we're the boys of fall

Well it's turn and face the Stars and Stripes
It's fighting back them butterflies
It's call it in the air, alright yes sir we want the ball
And it's knocking heads and talking trash
It's slinging mud and dirt and grass
It's I got your number, I got your back when your back's against the wall
You mess with one man you got us all
The boys of fall
~Kenny Chesney

You guessed it, folks...It's time for COLLEGE FOOTBALL! It's time for camaraderie and competition; Pizza, chips, and good friends on a Saturday night...

The Alabama Crimson Tide promises to have another smoking hot year--we creamed poor San Jose State 48-3...and, for most of the game, our 3rd string were playing.


The BYU Cougars struggled a little, but prevailed over
Washington 23-17: they've got a good backup quarterback lined up behind Payne....

What can I say? Football is infused in Southern blood...I just can't help it. :D

...and to top off the wonderfullness....there was a slight chill to the air when I opened my door this morning. :) Fall is on it's way!

No comments: