Friday, January 30, 2009
So I print this clarification of intent because I did not mean to offend anyone, even though I obviously did. I'm sorry.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- I read Born in Shame by Nora Roberts...all 400 pages of it.
- I cleaned, I mean deep-cleaned, my home.
- I played with the love-of-my-life (of course I meant my dog).
- I sat in my hammock.
- I went to my parents' house to access the internet for my paper...BIG mistake. Here I've sat for 2.75 unproductive hours...unless reading blogs/emails counts as productive.
- I've been thinking about the paper--really I have. I'm almost ready to start it. ;D
- I have wondered what makes me find and read blogs written by people that I don't know...I feel like a stalker, yet incoming reports show absolutely no sign of changing this behavior. :)
I keep thinking I should start on afore mentioned paper, then something inside me rebels and I wonder if I'd done it sooner if I didn't have people constantly reminding me that it's due... I mean, I know it's for my own good and I appreciate that they care. I've come to the conclusion that I am a person that can't be pushed--God help anyone who tries.
So, I probably won't sleep tonight, meaning I will be groggy tomorrow as I tutor my tutoree in chemistry...and I hope that crankiness caused by lack of sleep doesn't register on the drug test I have to take tomorrow for my new job.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
*At least he seems to have learned how to put his hand over his heart.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
- I have missed these little monsters tremendously and even though my new abode has a less-than-solid foundation, I slept like a baby through the thunderstorms this weekend.
- The more time I spend with Grandma, the more I realized I've missed her. She told me last night that visiting with me and knowing I lived close by was the best thing she's felt since......she couldn't remember anything better. :)
- Contrary to popular belief, pinochle is NOT an old person's game...I could beat my parents at it when I was 8 (we start 'em young down here ;).
- I love living alone (except for my exceptionally cute dog). I love stepping out of my house to total and complete, almost eery, darkness every night. I love that I have 50 acres that I can wander any time I need to think--and it has a pond with a pier if I need to fish or just sit and think. I love that ANYTHING requires at least a 15 minute drive...I love to drive!
- I can't think of anything better* for lunch than a good deli-sliced sun-dried tomato turkey sandwich with real mayo, French's mustard, dill pickle slices and Colby-Jack cheese on a 7 grain whole grain honey bread eaten with Tostitos Lime Chips. *sigh*
*except for a toasted bacon and tomato sandwich with mayo during tomato season... :)
- My new little chihuahua/yorkie cross is the sweetest thing and helps ease a little of the ache of being 25 and single. I love her to death already and am so grateful she sleeps with me. Whenever she sees me, she makes is clear to everyone that I am her whole world and being that to anyone is worth every second of dedication required and every penny she costs me.
In her defense, she was asleep when I just woke her to take this pic...I'll post better ones later when I have some. :D
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
With 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, I'm rooting for Alabama. I've discovered that the only team I like less than Alabama is Utah. So for all you Utahns out there who keep sending me text messages gloating over your brief lead: you ain't seen nothing yet. No team from the Mountain West Conference could possible know how to play football like teams from the SEC do. So watch out, we're coming for ya.