Monday, February 16, 2009

Whew

I don't know how many of you know that I got a job. :) Today was my first day of work although it doesn't really feel like work yet: I am in Atlanta for 2 weeks of training. I am being put up in the Embassy Suites hotel, which is a pretty sweet deal by itself, then I am fed and paid wages for my time here. My first thought was, "wow. they sure are spending a lot to send us up here for training...." Now I know why. We are important to them and if they train us properly, we'll stick around longer and save money in the long run.

I am really excited about being a part of this company. I suggest everyone check them out at http://www.flextronics.com/. We have fingers in almost every company out there--at least any company who it technology savvy. I suppose we're just amazing, that's all. :) We lead the world in what we do. We manufacture in over 30 countries and have over 100,000 employees on 5 continents. If you can dream it up, we can make it a reality. Yea, we're that cool.

I felt so backwards and out of place here in this hotel when I got here...i've never stayed some place so nice. :) And you should meet the kids in my class--what a riot! It's so interesting every day. But at least I have my car and my own room...and the BEST PART is that the temple is only a few blocks away! I have desperately missed my temple. And now I can go lots...and I plan to. In order to make up for having to stay inside most of the day and not having any horses to save my sanity, I can go to the temple for that. :) I am content. They were closed today, of course, but you can bet that I'll be there tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Phipps said...

Congrats on the job! And have fun in Hotlanta!!! The hotel is very nice!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Yeah! I love company perks like dinners out. I think you got quite the deal there! I hope the job stays as good as it sounds!!! I miss you.