Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Mga Bagay...

I've been tagged once through my friend's blog (ya got me, Talyn) and by about 3 people on facebook...so I suppose I'll eke out a few random thoughts for ya. =)

1. I should be working, but I'm sitting here holding my mom's VERY pregnant dachshund because I feel sorry for her.

2. I feel the urge to watch after anyone I've ever met, even when doing so is not logical to other people. Ex: I'm gonna make cookies today and deliver them to people I don't even know who have been sick or depressed...like the ward librarian...

3. I am an extremely loyal friend. It's a blessing and a curse. I usually love people more than they love me which I prefer because it means that I am the one hurt and not them.

4. I love to serve others. I will give of myself until there's nothing left to give...then I go home satisfied with life. It's a mindset that not many people understand...but for those of us that do, it's a great way to live.

5. I love my grandma. Do not argue with anything she says...say "yes, ma'am" and get out or I will hurt you. Be respectful.

6. When I live in UT, I like the snow. When I live in AL, I like t-shirts and flip-flops. Go figure.

7. People out West sometimes complain that I don't have a Southern accent...it's because my speaking pattern is easily influenced by the people I live around. Just give me a month or two and I sound native to wherever I'm living.

8. Leaving some of my friends out in UT felt like I was cutting off my right hand. I still haven't fully recovered.

9. I hate onions. And, yes, I can ALWAYS tell that they are there...cooking them doesn't make them disappear. ;)

10. I am slightly OCD. This means I usually do everything myself. And I'm content with that because then I don't have to worry that things won't turn out because they weren't done the way I thought they should have been.

11. I am fiercely protective of my sisters. If you have something to say that's not nice about them: don't.

12. I love living alone. It's marvelous. But I want people close by. The whole "move-to-the-mountains-and-live-alone-9-months-of-the-year" idea is definitely out. :D

13. I will be a doctor someday. And I will travel to underprivileged countries to help the children. I will.

14. I'm surprisingly interested in learning about "going raw." If you know what that means, yay. :)

15. I don't hold grudges. Ever. This means that if I lose my temper with you and then call you in 5 minutes acting like everything's fine, it is. So if I can't understand why you're still upset about something that happened eons ago, I really can't. Let it go. :)

16. I should have entitled this "more than you ever wanted to know about me...."

17. My life is never as interesting as the girl next door's...but that's okay. I love my life.

18. I will visit Mexico, the Philippines, Africa, Cuba, Ireland, Panama, Japan, and many other countries before I die.

19. I try to positively impact someone's life every day.

20. I just remembered that I left water boiling on the stove at home....crap......be right back.....

21. I don't have tv or internet at home (which I still have because my propane stove didn't burn it down even though I left it on for an hour). And I like it.

22. I recently received a calling in my stake. And I feel torn between feeling that it's the right place for me and that I am going to fail miserably.

23. I watch Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy religiously. But I don't let anyone watch them with me because I feel that they aren't appropriate.

24. When I hear about other people's adventures, I always get secretly jealous that they're having cooler experiences than me (right now, that's you Becca. :) But since I don't hold grudges, ever, the feelings only last a few seconds. Then I repent and am exceedingly happy for them.

25. I live parts of my life vicariously through other people. For example, through my little sister I get to know what it feels like to be an amazing singer. Through my older sister I get fulfillment from having a family. And I live vicariously through people in books all the time. I think I've probably read over 5000 pages in more than 10 books since I got here a month ago.

26. I am matapang. And I like it that way.

So, now you know more about me than you probably ever wanted to. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Becca said...

amen to #8 :)

and lest you feel too jealous of my "experiences" - remember that I live in the coldest, meanest place on earth, and that our best friends are going to Ireland for a month - without us.

that's all.

:( I miss utah too.

Kristi said...

You are such a self-sacrificer. I'm pretty sure that if everybody were a little more like that, this world would be a lot more pleasant.

I can identify with the OCD thing. Hugh told me last night that he wants to have a "chore" that is his responsibility, and I'm having a really hard time coming up with something that I can live with having cleaned his way instead of my way... and I don't think it would be good for me to do whatever he did over again every time... unless maybe he didn't notice. :)

Anonymous said...

14. I'm surprisingly interested in learning about "going raw." If you know what that means, yay. :)

My mom is the perfect person to talk to......Amanda, Joe's wife, (my sister in law) is currently doing the raw diet right now. She has lost 20 lbs i think in a month....