Monday, January 5, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Thunderstorms

  • I have missed these little monsters tremendously and even though my new abode has a less-than-solid foundation, I slept like a baby through the thunderstorms this weekend.

Grandma

  • The more time I spend with Grandma, the more I realized I've missed her. She told me last night that visiting with me and knowing I lived close by was the best thing she's felt since......she couldn't remember anything better. :)

Pinochle

  • Contrary to popular belief, pinochle is NOT an old person's game...I could beat my parents at it when I was 8 (we start 'em young down here ;).

Solitude

  • I love living alone (except for my exceptionally cute dog). I love stepping out of my house to total and complete, almost eery, darkness every night. I love that I have 50 acres that I can wander any time I need to think--and it has a pond with a pier if I need to fish or just sit and think. I love that ANYTHING requires at least a 15 minute drive...I love to drive!

Deli Sandwiches

  • I can't think of anything better* for lunch than a good deli-sliced sun-dried tomato turkey sandwich with real mayo, French's mustard, dill pickle slices and Colby-Jack cheese on a 7 grain whole grain honey bread eaten with Tostitos Lime Chips. *sigh*

*except for a toasted bacon and tomato sandwich with mayo during tomato season... :)

Pixie

  • My new little chihuahua/yorkie cross is the sweetest thing and helps ease a little of the ache of being 25 and single. I love her to death already and am so grateful she sleeps with me. Whenever she sees me, she makes is clear to everyone that I am her whole world and being that to anyone is worth every second of dedication required and every penny she costs me.

In her defense, she was asleep when I just woke her to take this pic...I'll post better ones later when I have some. :D

2 comments:

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Kind of jealous. That sounds like a pretty sweet deal you have going for you. :)

Kristi said...

No lettuce on your tomato sandwiches, huh? I have to admit, I think I must be a city girl. All that nothing sounds awful to me, and I hate driving. Give me a place where you don't even have to own a car because you can walk just about everywhere and take public transportation everywhere else, and I'm in heaven. I'm glad you're somewhere that YOU are happy, though. :)