Thursday, January 29, 2009

Me

What is it about us as humans, or at least me, as a human, that makes me so darn stubborn? Instead of working on a paper that I've known for 6 weeks is due tomorrow, I have done at least 7 other things today:
  • I read Born in Shame by Nora Roberts...all 400 pages of it.
  • I cleaned, I mean deep-cleaned, my home.
  • I played with the love-of-my-life (of course I meant my dog).
  • I sat in my hammock.
  • I went to my parents' house to access the internet for my paper...BIG mistake. Here I've sat for 2.75 unproductive hours...unless reading blogs/emails counts as productive.
  • I've been thinking about the paper--really I have. I'm almost ready to start it. ;D
  • I have wondered what makes me find and read blogs written by people that I don't know...I feel like a stalker, yet incoming reports show absolutely no sign of changing this behavior. :)

I keep thinking I should start on afore mentioned paper, then something inside me rebels and I wonder if I'd done it sooner if I didn't have people constantly reminding me that it's due... I mean, I know it's for my own good and I appreciate that they care. I've come to the conclusion that I am a person that can't be pushed--God help anyone who tries.

So, I probably won't sleep tonight, meaning I will be groggy tomorrow as I tutor my tutoree in chemistry...and I hope that crankiness caused by lack of sleep doesn't register on the drug test I have to take tomorrow for my new job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think everyone of us has a stubborn side, you and I just happen to have more than normal.......Where is your house and the picture of it? What new job did you get?

Kristi said...

um... maybe this is a stupid question, but what is this paper for? I didn't realize that you were doing school stuff. I promise I'm not a bad listener.... usually. :(