Friday, October 31, 2008

Eek! :D

Family finds dead mouse in cheese


While slicing some cheese for his children, a father in western P.E.I. recently uncovered a dead mouse in the middle of the block.


"This would have been the very last thing I would have expected to find… in a block of cheese, which I buy every time I do groceries," Deborah Atkinson of Miscouche, just west of Summerside, said of her husband's discovery.

Atkinson said her family loved Maple Dale's Caribbean brand cheese from Ontario, which has hot peppers and sun-dried tomatoes in it. A couple of weeks ago, while her husband was cutting slices from the last block he bought in Summerside, he gave his four-year-old daughter a couple of pieces to munch on.

He made the unpleasant discovery a few cuts later.

"Obviously he cuts it in little squares because our children are three and four," said Atkinson.

"He kind of got to just about the middle and as he cut, he noticed what looked like fur."

He immediately took the cheese, a few pieces already gone, from the children. They hadn't eaten any of the cheese from near the mouse, and they didn't get sick.

2 comments:

MissManda-Mae said...

hey jessica! I found your blog on rae's blog... great finding you!! I can't wait to read your blog and see how you are doing!! Take Care! --and don't worry next to "kristi" and "your mom" I'll read your blog too!! =)

The Phipps said...

hey i added you to my blog page. glad to hear that you saw Eric and that he is doing good. hope everything is going great with you and i will see you soon.