Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cheeky

CHEEKY: impertinently bold, impudent and saucy; SYNONYMS: audacious, bold

I have never striven to achieve a degree of speech or a character that could be interpreted as cheeky--I just have a firm understanding of who I am and I have no problem stating, what I consider to be, a well-informed opinion when I have one. However, in the last month, I have had 3 people call me cheeky, one of those being a professor in reference to a paper that I had written for him.

So, I was forced to self-evaluate and I think I'm okay with being cheeky--sometimes. There's definitely a time and a place for everything, but in general, I don't think that being audacious and bold is a bad thing. As long as it surfaces but occasionally, I am okay with being impertinently bold. What do you think?

3 comments:

The Bravos said...

You and I BOTH know that there are far too many beat-around-the-bushers in world.

Cheeky people are a necessity, trust me. For instance, if you heard someone talking about how 'wonderful' Obama is, wouldn't it just feel wrong to not to say "Why don't you go home and do some research before you ruin my country, idiot."
...But that's just me....

More people should be cheeky :). Just ask Rachael.

Kristi said...

I think a little cheekiness suits you. You have just enough to spark people's interest... either in you if they don't already know you well, or in the subject at hand if they already know and love you.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Well said Val....well said. LOL If you ask anyone that knows me WELL they would say I am for sure cheeky! Good job jess on being cheeky!