Monday, September 15, 2008

The Land of the Living

Well folks, I'm back. :) This summer brought many unexpected changes to my life and I took some time to adjust, readjust, and settle in. I'm now single, living in a new house in a new neighborhood, have a new pet, a new haircut, 3 new roommates, a new ward, and a new calling. Whew--told ya lots has changed.

Okay, where to start... well, my closest-thing-to-family-that-lives-in-Utah needed help demolishing and rebuilding parts of their newly-acquired domestic domain, so I spent a good bit of time working through some frustrations on their old roof and lots of old walls--only to rebuild them later. Nothing like good manual labor to cure whatever ails ya. ;) The fun part was that the house was built in 1918 and the roof has a pitch of 45 degrees. So Janet and I shingled the thing wearing full body harnesses while Ryan and Julie held us up with rope.


Then my parents came for a visit and we had a great week (I participated in the commencement ceremony even though I won't officially graduate until December). I tried elk meat. I like it. :)



I moved.

I bought a snake--Scheherazade is a lot of fun and has a great snake-ality (like a personality, only for snakes :) She is probably more popular in my new ward than I am. She's beautiful--pink and orange--and has a Y perfectly centered on her head. Fate.

My new roommates are amazing--Amy is from Utah and is training for a sprint triathlon in November. Brittanie is from New Mexico, and grew up on the Navajo Reservation, even though she is 100% caucasian and has beautiful red hair. Krista is from Virginia and is working as a librarian...cool, huh? They are tons of fun.

I cut my hair. 100% of people who have commented on it like it better than before. So that's good, right? :)

I have 4 amazing friends (the two in the middle, Anthony and Angie, are newly engaged to be married) who ran a half-marathon in Price, UT this past weekend and I was their 1-man support team. That was fabulous. I tried lamb. Not as good an experience as the elk.


Brittanie and I attended the Ryan Shupe concert this past Saturday at Thanksgiving Point. The coolest part, by far, was the atmosphere--an outdoor amphitheater where you sit on the grass on blankets and look at a stage backdropped by the largest man-made waterfall in the US.



So, life is amazing. God loves us and is 100% aware of our needs all the time--and He guides us to where we need to be when we need to be there to fulfill His purposes. I'm grateful for my new friends and my new ward--I have found a great support system in them. I'm excited to see where this semester leads and will be updating this blog lots more regularly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good that your parents got to visit you. Wow! You are really busy. Are you still taking classes?

Kristi said...

Nobody can say that your life is boring. :)