Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fabulous Fall


So, even though I am completely SOLAR-POWERED (an idea borrowed from a good friend :), I admit that I enjoy all the "firsts" of fall. We just had our first Fall day yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoyed the cool, crisp air. As I walked around campus just randomly smiling (as though I had a secret) - I was grateful for Fall.

To Fabulous Fall I attribute....

...BYU (and Auburn) Football. GO TEAM(S).

...back to school. As much as I procrastinate and allow myself to get stressed, I LOVE being a student and getting to LEARN.

...the changing of the leaves.

...first snowfall of the year--probably my favorite day of each year.

...pulling all my fun sweaters out of the closet. yay. ;)

...Halloween.
...my friend's amazing pumpkin bread (I wish you were here, Rachel).

...this year, my last semester as a BYU student. I definitely feel smarter than when I left home 6 years ago as a fiesty 18-yr. old. :) I know, for example, how to use a photospectrometer--both for Biology and Chemistry. I also know who Rosalia de Castellanos is and that she grew up and wrote in Chiapas--the town in the state in Mexico where the oppressed finally rose up in defiance. Yay for the Zapatistas. See, told you I was smarter. ;)

...my class ring came last week--graduating with a Bachelor's degree is feeling like a reality. *Mine is white gold and I have 2 favorite features: inside the signa is printed "Go forth to serve" and the Circle of Honor is represented around Y mountain.

...I am grateful for life and the opportunity I have to live it. Not just to breathe and one day grow old, but to embrace it and enjoy it and pack as much adventure into it as I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fall too! Too bad that will never happen here in lovely Arizona. Even though we grew up in Alabama with no snow I am feeling kinda sad that there won't really be a winter here in phoenix....:( lucky

Jess said...

you could come visit me in Utah this Fall... ;) I'll take y'all to a football game and to get frozen yogurt and then your kids can play in some snow... and, of course, you'd get to see me. :)

Becca said...

I should have gotten a class ring!