Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So many thoughts....

I have so many things that cross my mind to blog about...but I never seem to get them written. lol. For example, I missed my little sister's graduation and play--maybe I'll come back to those.

I've had to be pretty adaptable recently to change--goodness knows I've encountered a lot of that. And the steroids make my mood swing something fierce, but I try to be positive and I think I succeed most of the time. Well-part of these lifestyle changes include adopting new hobbies: I've begun sewing (love love love it) and knitting (learning to like it, especially after having to restart 6 hours worth of work because a missed stitch unraveled a big hole in the middle of my blanket) and recently just crafting, in general (believe me, Michaels loves me.)

The baby blanket I'm currently knitting will be for the Project Linus although I think I'll simply sew the other ones I've committed to making... :P

This weekend, I decided to try these knockoff moleskin notebooks: so great, but so much work! I decided to make them as gifts for the several ladies who so diligently are working for girls' camp, even though it's not their calling. Here's how they turned out:


But nothing in life is accident-proof and my pink book lends evidence to this fact:


It took a swim in my bowl of water I was washing my stamps in, then mom tried to dry it out in the microwave...result was lots of smoke and choking from the peanut gallery and lots of hard work up in smoke, literally. :D

As President Hinckley said: Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out.

One of my favorite Pres. Hinckley quotes that I've kind of adopted as my motto is this: "Stop looking for the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight." If more of us took his advice, the world would be a brighter place.

1 comment:

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

knitting a baby blanket? Especially for a beginner... that is BRAVE! My first knitting project that I'm STILL working on is a square about 10X10 in. I have about 2 inches going up. Ha! Someday...

The notebooks look great!