Monday, June 22, 2009

Yum.

After work yesterday, Danny and I went to my friend Donna's house to make homemade jelly. :) It was SO MUCH FUN! Those of you who know me know that I am a true country girl at heart and I love nothing more than warm homemade bread with homemade jelly on it. Mmm.

So, I've been picking blackberries and peaches for about a week now--just saving them for the momentous day that I'd get to turn them into something incredibly delicious. :D That day was yesterday. AND, Donna had lots of fresh red plums (my favorite homemade jelly) and blueberries. So we made 4 batches of scrumptious yumminess that I now need to find a place in my oh-so-tiny trailer to store. lol.

It was the perfect ending, I think, to a good father's day. Danny and I had dinner before we went over to make jelly and I had him tell me about his boys Tony and David--they seem like great kids, but I may not ever actually get to meet them...I'm such a chicken; I might just buy a plane ticket and run to UT before they get here. lol.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Homemade jam is so good! Especially on fresh bread. This post makes me want to bake something... I'm thinking some crusty bread tomorrow... maybe if I'm not too lazy. :)