Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Of course.

So, my company sent me to Montgomery to attend a Stress Management training course today--it was INCREDIBLE! I got to stay in a really great hotel, then take an awesome course. I didn't learn anything about stress that I didn't already know, but I realized that sometimes when you get bogged down in the middle of something and stress is all around you, it's hard to remember to take a step back and realize that YOU can change your attitude and, consequently, your stress level. It was great.

We also studied something published by Wilson Learning. I don't know what it's called, but it's a grid that you can chart people on based on personality. It's great! And it works. :) Everyone I know fits somewhere: there are four classifications which are AMIABLES, ANALISTS, DRIVERS, & EXPRESSIVES. These are qualiifed by four things which are: ask and tell & people and tasks. This was so enlightening. I am an Expressive. Danny is an Amiable. This is why we get along so well--I'm loud and opinionated and need validation and attention while he just is nice and wants everyone to be happy...and he treats me like a queen. :) This is why we're good together. I learned how to learn how to get along with everyone by classifying them and then treating them how they need to be treated. Wow. This is so effective. lol. For example: Becca is an Expressive. Ant is an Expressive. Angie is an Analyst; Ben is a Driver; Kristi is an Expressive; Hugh is an Analyst; etc.

Anyway, if you want some good learning, buy this class and take it... definitely worth every penny.

No comments: