Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lime Green Pants

I have this pair of pants: they are lime green--I mean, you can see them for miles around, lime green. They weren't expensive and I just bought them one day because they were on sale (once again, I stress the lime-green-ness :)

I purchased these guys back in 2003 and they have been everywhere with me. I have so many memories in them...

  • hiking the Wasatch mountains in the dead of night
  • being spotted by friends outside of the MTC one P-day
  • almost all my adventures from the Philippines happened in them. Seriously, they are in almost all my pictures from the mission....*sigh*
  • Jules
  • eating ice cream on the love sac in them nursing a broken heart
  • loaning them to my friend Rachel when she got was too pregnant to wear jeans

It may sound crazy, but they mean a lot to me...and now I'm sending them to Germany to comfort my friend Sanita on her mission. I think I'll miss them terribly, but I shall be comforted by knowing that they are having their own adventure--and I can have them back in 18 months. :)

*When I talked to Sanita before she left--I got so homesick to be back on a mission, I almost cried several times. I wish I could go back. Again. And again. And again.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love those pants.... and you really can see them from a mile away. :)

navajotwin said...

The PANTS!! Yes, oh yes, they can be seen from miles around. And they were the sole reason we spotted you outside the MTC. Such good pants... We'll all miss them in Germany. But they'll increase their multilingualism, right? English, Spanish, Tagalog, and German??? ;)