Tuesday, December 2, 2008

25

25:
  • a natural number following 24 and preceding 26
  • the 2oth anniversary of my kindergarten year
  • Manganese
  • silver anniversary
  • min. age of candidate for the House of Representatives
  • the size of a full roster on a major league baseball team
  • 1/4 of a U.S. dollar
  • quarter of a century
1925:
  • Mussolini takes over Italy
  • the New Yorker magazine is first published
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald published The Great Gatesby
  • U.S. turmoils over Darwin's theory of evolution
  • Hitler published Mein Kampf
  • double decker busses are introduced in London
  • Angela Lansbury and Dick Van Dyke are born
  • "The Phantom of the Opera" opened at movie theaters
  • Earl Wise invented the potato chip

For me, 25 is
  • being 5 more than 20, and not feeling it
  • an age I thought that I'd never reach
  • time to graduate from BYU and close this chapter of my life
  • start a new chapter of life in Alabama
This year I turn a quarter of a century old and I have lived 1/3 of my expected lifespan. The learning and changes I anticipate this year will hold should be incredible.

2 comments:

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

That is an awesome looking cake!

Anonymous said...

I love it... Congratulations!

Happy Hollydays, Camilla!