Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama


I do NOT think Obama is going to magically make things better.

I am NOT excited to learn what he means by 'change.'

He did NOT get my vote.


These facts aside, he won the election. He is now our President-elect, as voted by the voice of the people. And while he wasn't my candidate and I don't condone his campaigning methods or his lying to the people, he is our next President. And I will give him the respect deserved of anyone who holds that office. We will survive the next four years, then can reevaluate our situation. He may very well surprise us and act as "a President for all Americans." He might be great for the nation--only time will tell. I do, however, as of now, pledge to stop making fun of him and support him as I would any of my leaders. Now, if he ruins my country, I may not support him for long, but I am willing to see where this goes.


Best of luck to everyone dealing with this decision. May you all come to some sort of peace about this election and do whatever you deem necessary to bring that event to pass.

No comments: