Sunday, May 2, 2010

Be Strong and of Good Courage

It's that time of year again--GIRL'S CAMP 2010! I'm not currently in any shape to attend, but who knows where I'll be in a month. My daily dose of POISON is doing it's job, I suppose...slowly, but surely. We hope to have an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in the next week or two and I have hope that there will be an alternate plan.

Have I mentioned that I Love My Calling? I was so apprehensive about it at first because most of my adult church service has been in either the Relief Society or related to missionary work...so when they asked me to work with the Stake Young Women, I was flabbergasted. I have loved every single minute of it. I work with the most amazing ladies and I couldn't love them more. I adore our work.

Recently, I have felt like a slacker because I've been too down to contribute anything. Being physically ill takes a toll emotionally as well--it's like your brain just shuts down and you don't think. Life passes in a daze--it's kind of like the last 6 or 8 months have just been a blur...I think I'm alive. I'm still breathing. Anyway, we had a meeting this weekend with our YCLs for camp and it was so much fun. We have the most amazing girls.

If there is any possible way, I will be at camp with my girls next month...even if I have to rent a motorized wheelchair and carry my own plywood ramps down to Tallahassee. :D

1 comment:

navajotwin said...

Your attitude is great! :) Too bad Ben's not in Tallahassee for the summer. But, then again, that might seem strange if Ben wanders into Girl's Camp... Haha.

I haven't heard an update on your health as of late - shoot me an email and let me know!