Saturday, July 2, 2011

Plasmapheresis Rocks!

Dr. Johnston had a good idea. :) The plasmapheresis (which turned out to be a big deal and a lot of trouble) has helped me. I'm nowhere close to normal, but I am functioning about as well as I did on 60mg of Prednisone daily. For those of you who aren't aware...it was 9 months ago that I took that much. SO, what I'm saying is that I'm doing better now than I have since October. YAY!

I've moved back into my own place and given my poor parents a much-deserved reprieve from my presence in their house. I love it! I'd forgotten how much I enjoy living in my home.

I just got back from Girls' Camp, which was incredible. :D I had the best week... you can follow that experience at dothanyw.blogspot.com if you want.


Life is good. Yes. Yes it is.

I still want to schedule surgery, because I'm still not anywhere close to well, and this is just a temporary reprieve, but I'm so grateful to have it...

Thank you.

2 comments:

Rachel {La Familia Pearson} said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better with that plasmapheresis. I sure hope that things continue to improve. I'm thinking of you and praying that all turns out well. :) Love ya!

Mrs. Sproul said...

Jess! I have found you again! I was reading Rachel's blog and found a link to yours. I know it's been a while since your last post, but how are you doing? It sounded like things were good in July. Take care! And if you'd like to keep up on how we're doing, it's: allenandbritany.blogspot.com.

Love ya!
--Britany