Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Friend

I made a friend today. I was just thinking yesterday as I prepared to go shopping that I wish I had someone I could call to just go with me--how marvelous it would be if I had some friends down here. I mean, I love my family and I consider them friends, but I think you all know what I mean. I need some social interaction with people my age.

At choir today, I sat next to a woman with a beautiful new baby and we shared music. As we chatted, we discovered that we get along really well. We actually have mutual friends from Minnesota--random, huh? She knows them from home and I know them from BYU. Her husband and I both majored in Spanish and she was just thinking how nice it would be to meet someone her own age from the area. She and her husband are here with the military.

I made a friend today. :D I think I will take her a cute little outfit next week for her beautiful new baby.

No comments: